Ultra-Met Carbide Technologies has a complete Preform department to support all of your carbide preform needs.
- Modifying Existing Shapes - Machining/grinding pressed shapes from existing public tooling and stocked blanks.
- Prototyping - Machining prototypes for development of pressed shapes before press tooling is ordered.
- Production Preform Runs - Machining production runs of pressed parts to achieve complex geometries and mounting holes that are not achievable using press tooling alone.
Preform Equipment List
- CNC Lathe
- 3-axis CNC Mills
- Manual grinders, Mills, Drill Presses, Carbide Saw, and related manual equipment
- Keyence Optical Inspection System